Friday, March 16, 2018

Ready to Go - Slice of Life Challenge, Day #16

March 26, 2018

I titled today's post "Ready to Go" ironically.

I'm not ready to go anywhere.

Today is Day #2 of parent-teacher conferences and we don't have to be there until 11 AM, which is heavenly, so I'm taking my time. I was able to get up AFTER the sun! I hand fed my dog (he has a weird thing where he randomly decides the only way he wants to eat on certain days is by hand). I made a pot of coffee.

I forgot to turn it on.

No biggie - weird - but I have time. So I turned it on - thankful I at least didn't ruin the coffee somehow like I did last week. Still don't know what happened there.

Pretty soon I'll need to start getting ready, because I'm acutely aware that I tend to run late on days when I have the most time.

But I'm not ready to go yet, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.


3 comments:

  1. This is so true. It feels liek we have so much time to spend before 11 and then poof! It is time to go and I also tend to get there late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I retired at the end of last year, so I still remember the tiredness of conferences. I like that you don't have to go in until 11. We had to be there at normal time, but got Friday off.

    Our Chloe is also a picky eater. It would take her forever to eat and I resorted at times to the hand feeding. last summer we started putting wet dog food on top of her dry and mixing it together (also a little time in the microwave). She now eats like a regular dog! I don't know if it would help yours to eat better, but it sure worked for us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of Slices yesterday about this gift of a late start for our teachers. Isn't it funny how the extra few hours puts everyone kind of out of sorts? You, the dog...

    Great Slice.

    ReplyDelete