Thursday, March 22, 2018

One Day More - Slice of Life Challenge, Day #22

March 22, 2018

"ONE DAY MORE!
ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DESTINY!
THIS NEVER-ENDING ROAD TO CALVARY..."

I can't help but hear this tune from Les Miserables today, as I'm thinking about what to write today.

The countdown ends tomorrow.

One more day until Spring Break!

I can't think of a year when I needed a break more than this year... or this week, in fact! It's been a constant barrage of tattling, students misbehaving, students breaking their materials (new glasses, new headphones), picture day scheduling issues, unbelievably ridiculous math tests (thanks 2nd grade Eureka Math!), and constant contact with some parents. And honestly, the week wasn't even that bad!

Mostly my need for a break is partly because I switched to a new position so everything I am doing is new this year. This was my choice, and I feel happy enough about it. It's hard to feel ecstatic when there is so much more stress, but I am glad I made the change - sometimes you just need to shake things up.  In any case, while I will feel like and probably go in to school at least once over break, I have big plans to organize my life - meaning my house, my yard, and my taxes.

I plan to not worry about making sure Student A doesn't talk to Student B and Student C keeps his hands to himself. I plan to not worry if Student D is in the bathroom too long or has a meltdown because she doesn't want to do math. I plan to decompress and focus on adulting.

Tomorrow I know will be a bit of a crazy day - kids will be excited, some will be gone already, our schedule will be adjusted for our 5th grade buddies, and something I hadn't foreseen will go wrong. But in my head (and maybe under my breath), I will be cheering myself on, singing:






1 comment:

  1. I love a good show tune and find it's a great way to distract me from tough situations or help me get through them. Keep singing and you're almost there. Spring break awaits you!

    ReplyDelete