Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I gave in - Slice of Life Challenge, Day #7

March 7, 2018

Yesterday at school, we had a visit from a local business owner, who came to talk about running a business in the community. My teaching partner organized this visit, as she teaches Social Studies for our grade, and I teach Science. It was interesting to hear the story of a famous company that is still family-run. Students really enjoyed it, and wrote Thank You letters today.

Oh, one thing I forgot - this company makes PIZZA. So, ever since the visit yesterday, I've been thinking about taking a chewy, cheesy, crusty, spicy, delicious bite of pepperoni pizza. I almost ordered it yesterday, but didn't want to wait and had something quicker. BUT TODAY....

Today was a day where I was just stressed and thinking hard about how to solve problems. I was (apparently) short with some people at work, due to stress and concern for my students. I had after school math club (which is noisy). I was up half the night, due to my dog's ongoing respiratory and ear infection (coughing). So I gave in.

Presently, I'm waiting for a pizza delivery person to knock on my door with a gooey, warm, tasty, delectable pizza with double dough crust. I keep checking the website to see the updates on my pizza's progress. I am beyond excited. I just checked the update and IT'S ON THE WAY!!!

I know it's not logical, but right now I just feel that pizza will solve half the problems I am dealing with today. At the very least, it will help me forget about them for a while.

And I'll have lunch for tomorrow!!!

(Update: Literally the minute I finished typing this, guess what arrived!)

4 comments:

  1. Yummy deliciousness!! I think I am craving pizza now, too!

    Thanks for sharing this slice today...I would have loved a slice of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...pizza! My favorite food group! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, that looks delicious. My stomach actually rumbled at these words: chewy, cheesy, crusty, spicy, delicious bite. I also love the repetition of those words later. Great writing.

    Pizza doesn't solve everything, but I mean, it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza always helps. That's kind of the way I feel about Portillo's too...

    ReplyDelete