Thursday, March 8, 2018

DST - Slice of Life Challenge Day #8

March 8, 2018

Lately, I've been waking with the sunrise and feeling good about the day. It's been nice. Usually I have trouble getting out of bed and I'm tired and crabby, especially when it's dark outside.

In addition to waking up with the sun and feeling happy about the day, I've been really tired when I get home. Extremely tired. Go to bed at 8PM tired.

I was puzzled. Most of the year (or last few years), I've been up until l1 PM (or later) and rushing to get ready in the morning. So why is it the opposite now?

Well, yesterday I heard the weather person say the dreaded phrase, "Spring Back this weekend!" UGH. Spring back. Daylight Savings Time begins. And my current schedule will be upended.

Now, I love Daylight Savings Time. I can't wait for it to be light until 8 or 9 PM. But I just hate the springing back and falling forward. Every time my natural wake time coincides with my work wake time, we do one of these and then it's dark in the morning and I can't wake up all over again.

I was chatting with a friend about it yesterday, and he said he thinks we should go the way of Arizona and just get rid of Daylight Savings Time completely. My response was that I agreed, as long as we keep the Daylight Savings Time and get rid of the falling back. Let's keep it light as late as we can!

So this weekend, remember to change your clocks and lose some sleep and be ready for the kids to be crazy on Monday! It's Daylight Savings Time yet again!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! I love fall back and detest spring forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost forgot about this...even though I've had multiple reminders. I'll probably forget on Sunday. Thank goodness for automatically updating clocks on the phone!

    ReplyDelete