Friday, March 23, 2018

Made It - Slice of Life Challenge, Day #23

March 23, 2018

We made it! Spring break is finally here!

Made it through the STEM activity, the girl "nudging" one of my students with her head (he described it as a "head butt"), another student supposedly "tapped" a boy on his leg (described as a "kick" from the victim), and, finally, I survived many, many germs.

I don't have big plans for break. I'm running an 8k on Sunday. I'm getting a new toilet on Monday (jealous???). I know I will have to go in to school to organize many papers that are driving me out of my mind. I have two rooms that need to be organized. Oh, and a garage that is basically a storage unit for thousands of Target bags. I could clean that out, too.

So, while I'm going to complete a variety of mundane, boring tasks over break, I'm so excited to step back into a week of no more than two voices speaking. I'm relieved to not worry about parents wanting either more or less teacher intervention for their child's behavior problems. I'm hoping to read at least one book for adults. And maybe it's the right time to start binge-watching the second season of The Crown. I've been saving it.

It may not be particularly spring-like, but it's the break that I need. How about you?

5 comments:

  1. I started spring break this afternoon too. I'm a little sad that I'm not going somewhere warm and beachy, but am planning to do my taxes and hopefully get motivated to do some serious cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Thank you for reminding me - I have to do my taxes, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here and this was also my slice topic today! We are heading to Florida here in a few days, and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your week. My daughter started her spring break today also. My spring break starts in a week. Not sure what I would do if we all had the same week off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retired so no spring break or every day is a break (nope). There's something to be said for demarcation periods and shifting gears.

    ReplyDelete