Thursday, March 29, 2018

Dreams at Naptime - Slice of Life Challenge, Day #29

March 29, 2018

It's near the end of the month and I am definitely feeling a bit uninspired. I'm on spring break and that adds to the lack of topics. Of course, there are lots of topics to write about, especially in the news, to be honest, but I want something short. Therefore, today I will let you know what my subconscious mind just vomited out during my 3 hour afternoon nap.

In no particular order the dream included:

1. My dog and my mother's dog wandering around the neighborhood when they escaped from my yard. Each time, I freaked out but they came safely when called (this would NOT happen in real life).

2. Apparently, in my dream I had a large, sloping backyard with about a 50 ft incline. (not likely in IL).

3. Also, in the dream, I had hired a company to fill in some of the slope with mulch, to make it easier for my dog (Not sure the rationale, but that's my dream for you!).

4. Of course, the company I hired was SUPER late, to the point at which I was going to just fire them when they showed up, but I gave them a chance.

5. The reason they were late? They went to pick up dinner. It was two older gentlemen and their wives. They immediately made themselves at home with the food and drinks they brought, by sitting down at my patio table.

6. When they realized I was seething (I did have family members acting as a go-between in the dream), one of the old men got to work.

7. While they got to work, I went to look in the freezers (In a really weirdly designed freezer - again, this is a dream) for my own dinner, which was frozen spaghetti and meatballs (This is something that could happen because it is in my freezer at the moment).

8. I warmed up my food and the company said they were done.

9. Of course, the dogs had run away.

10. The guys said it was so dark that they wanted me to just check the next morning and they could come and fix anything but I insisted on checking.

11. It was not a good job because the mulch was not evenly spread. (Of course, in reality, how can you do it evenly on a sharp incline? This whole idea is not well-thought out!)

12. Now there were more workers showing up.

13. Ok, the end of the dream included me finding the spaghetti wasn't warm anymore and everyone leaving my house. Dogs had returned again.

So this was a little insight. I don't have any company contracted with me to do anything about mulch, though I have had about 2 yards sitting in my driveway since last May (it started as 5 yards). Maybe I'm feeling nervous since soon I will run out of excuses to not move it...

In other words, I am having an exciting Spring Break! (Lol)



3 comments:

  1. I love naps! If you're dreaming about the mulch being removed, it's time. Lol!
    I wish I was able to recall my dreams like that! I have a dream book next to my bed with incomplete dreams and ramblings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dreams are often weird and disjointed. They jump around in time a lot. I enjoyed reading about your adventure in your dream.

    ReplyDelete