Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A petty indulgence - Slice of Life Challenge, Day #28

March 28, 2018

One of the nice things about having to blog here everyday is that I can make it an excuse for complaining about something that is driving me crazy.

It is unimportant, petty, and pointless to complain, but I am going to receive personal satisfaction by sharing my story with the world.

And here it is:

A few weeks ago, I had a doctor's appointment. I knew it was coming, and I confirmed via the online link about a week beforehand. Then I received another reminder the day before and, all of a sudden, I realized: the time listed on their confirmation updates was 3:30 PM. That is the time I get out of school. I would never make an appointment for that time, especially on a Wednesday, since that was when I had an after school club.

I checked my phone, where I schedule all my appts. It said 4:30 PM. I knew I made the appointment for 4:30 PM. I called the office to double-check, explaining I realized I had confirmed but I knew the time listed was wrong.

Their response?

"The time is for 3:30PM. It was always for 3:30 PM in our system."

Ok, well I had to reschedule, and that worked out - no extra fee, nothing. So it's not a big deal, right? Only I KNOW I wouldn't make an appointment for that time. I know it. I. Know. It.

This office had scheduled me incorrectly before, and I resolved it - they had actually given me two appointments two days apart. I called and corrected it, no big deal.

So this time, I'm so unbelievably certain I was right. But it doesn't matter. Everything worked out. I like the office overall. I don't have to wait and they have a lot of times available to schedule (though obviously I need to be more proactive with my confirmation time checking).  I tried to let it go, but it keeps nagging me.

Until now. Look what I found as I went through some papers over break:



VINDICATED!

I know it's petty, but I'm so relieved I had the correct information and they didn't! The victory shall remain here for all eternity! 

2 comments:

  1. It is your blog, and you can write what you wish. Your slice did not come across as a petty complaint, rather with the feeling of satisfaction of confirming you remember things correctly. Knowing that you have sanity and memory is worth a celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you wish you could just drop that in the mail with a little snarky comment?

    ReplyDelete