Saturday, March 31, 2018

Out like a lamb? - Slice of Life Challenge, Day #31

March 31, 2018

I don't care for goodbyes, endings, etc.  There are television shows that I watched repeatedly for years yet have never watched the series finale. I learned the hard way (weeks of weeping at the finale of Monk), that I don't have the constitution for it. I finally watched the final episodes of Parks and Recreation this year, 3 years after it ended. The only reason I watched the final season of Psych this year was because there was a new USA movie that came out this year, so I knew the characters were safe.

Now, I don't think this is a very healthy attitude, but baby steps. I am working on it. Come to think of it, I bought a video of a Jeff Buckley concert back in 2000 or so and won't ever watch it because he died in 1997 and it's the only concert footage I will see. So if I don't watch it, it's still there to be watched...there's always more. As I write this, I'm reminded of a scene in the movie What About Bob?, where Bill Murray's neurotic character, Bob, tells his psychiatrist, "If I fake it, I don't have it." In the same way, if I don't watch the end of something, it didn't happen; it's still going on to me.

To sum up, I will not be reflecting or winding down in my last post this year. I will leave this month's challenge with some lovely images of flowers blooming in my garden as March comes to a close.

1 comment:

  1. This doesn't have to be the end. A lot of people post every Tuesday, all year round. But your flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete