Sunday, March 12, 2017

Overbooked Sundays

Lazy Saturdays result in Panicked Sundays.


Friday night was our school fun fair. Yesterday, I did some errands, watched TV, and went to a family get-together. That leaves today to get “everything” done.


I always feel guilty about everything I need to accomplish on the weekend. This week, there are the normal chores: laundry, cleaning, putting dishes away. There are also 16 picture books written by my students that I need to read and grade. We did a research project about a little-known animal, then students wrote books in the style of “Diary of a Worm” by Doreen Cronin. So I have that, pre-assessments in math to grade, pictures to hang on my walls (only been putting it off for four years), and a mirror frame to finish painting.


And I just want to go back to bed.


Maybe we will get enough snow tonight to have a snow day tomorrow...not that I want snow, but I’m beginning to think three day weekends are the way to go.

new-slicer-badge.jpg

7 comments:

  1. It might be great if three day weekends were the norm. But I am afraid we would still leave the "must do" things til the last do and rush to get them done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE 3-day weekends!!!! Snow days are pretty cool, too. I hope you get your things done today - and you can feel good knowing that even for a little while - you focused your mind on writing. Each and every day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. K- I so relate and am grateful for having someone in a similar place today. This is how my daughters and I for years now, have been going into "Sunday evening productive mode". That's when you cram in all the things you didn't get to all weekend! It works :/ Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using the Diary books to write an all about book. I'll be passing that along to my 2nd grade friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh have you hit on a dilemma! We've been 'discussing' the balance between want to's and need to's at my house today too. I decided a while ago that three day weekends could mean a day for running around to sprots commitments and errands, a day for chores at home, and a day for family time and relaxing. Wishful thinking, but it seems so inviting. Good luck finding your balance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh have you hit on a dilemma! We've been 'discussing' the balance between want to's and need to's at my house today too. I decided a while ago that three day weekends could mean a day for running around to sprots commitments and errands, a day for chores at home, and a day for family time and relaxing. Wishful thinking, but it seems so inviting. Good luck finding your balance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was praying for a snow day today, too. No such luck for us.

    ReplyDelete